Scofo's World (Scott + MoFo = Scofo)

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Everything old is new again...



First off we have been trying to find hungry hungry hippos, a game I remember playing as a kid, mostly because it always upset the adults due to it's simplistic strategy of four kids whacking the hell out of a loud little lever until all of the balls were gone. (Come to think of it a well built sturdy game as well.) A minute or so of extreme adrenalin for us, annoying for them. This game has not been easy to find, apparently it's hotter than ever now that it has been brought back.
Later on a trip to old navy I saw multicoloured striped vests with camping patches on them straight out of the eighties.

Future shop now has an atari console with built in games with the origional retro 80's look, even the pho wood grain.
My new fear is that in a few more years hammer pants will be back.

3 Comments:

  • Dude I loved hungry hungry hippos! My dad and I bought it at a yard sale from people down the street and it quickly became an "outside only" game at our house.

    As for the hammer pants (aka 10 day shitters) not sure those will ever be back and really hope I don't have to eat my words on that one.

    By Blogger Heather, at Mon Dec 05, 12:06:00 AM GMT-5  

  • We need to stop the return of hammer pants at all costs.

    I also agree on hungry hungry hippos, it really was the ultimate stress relief. No strategy, no rules really, just mash the hell out of that button.

    I wonder how much all that atari stuff we had would be worth now. I think we were up to like 50 games at one point. If only we knew then what eBay would become...

    By Blogger James, at Wed Dec 07, 10:12:00 AM GMT-5  

  • I kinda want to buy one of these Atari $30 units just for fun, nostolgic value ;)

    By Blogger Medieval, at Fri Dec 09, 10:53:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home